The Department of Food Science & Technology at Maharaja Ranjit Singh Punjab Technical University, Bathinda was established in 2018 with first batch of students. Department started with a vision to be a centre of excellence in academics, research, outreach services and to produce highly skilled food science professionals. The quality education and research carried out in the Department will help in catalyzing the growth of our food processing industries with respect to the global scenario.
• Currently, the department is running M.Sc. and Ph.D. courses and B.Sc.(Food Science & Technology) (3years)/ B.F.S.T. (Hons.) (4years Degree course).
• The program focuses on equipping students with knowledge and skills that are required by premier research institutes in the field of Food Science as well as leading Food industries.
• The course also includes the industrial training for 2 months during M.Sc. The syllabus designed for this course covers all aspects required for qualifying NET examination conducted by ASRB, New Delhi. Special emphasis on research component has been given with one year research during the course.
The Department offers conductive environment of interesting learning, essential training component in cutting edge food technologies, individualized mentoring by professionally acclaimed mentors, devoted and experienced faculty. A world-class aesthetic infrastructure is coming up in the campus with Department’s building being a four storey one with offices, class rooms, laboratories, tutorial rooms, library, computer room etc. We invite you to be a part of the Department for a great career.
• To provide highest quality technical education to the students and equipping them with competency in different disciplines of Food Technology.
• To undertake research and development activities in frontline areas like fruits and vegetable technology, cereal technology, food biotechnology, food microbiology, dairy technology and food safety and quality assurance etc.
• Enrichment and enhancement of intellectual knowledge base through organisation of seminars, conferences and workshops.
• Placement of students in food technology related industries/institutes.